Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More fun with Joint Origins ;-)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TrippyLighting
316 Views, 2 Replies

More fun with Joint Origins ;-)

I am experiencing more "fun" with joint origins, this time related to imported geometry.

The Joint Origin that was snapped to the bottom of the box assembly creates a problem after being imported and (rigid) joined to anoter parts joint origin.

Resnapping it once in the assembly seems to fix it, but a Compute All shows the problem still exists.

I had the same problem with the hinge in the assembly which was a Solid Works file imported from McMaster Carr. In that case I removed the joint origins on the hinge parts and the revolute joint between these joint origins and then created an As Built revolute joint. In that case the error related to the "missing input geometry" does not reappear.

However, I believe cannot use the same approach for the box and even if, It would be a workaround.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/56259bec-1d6d-4248-a32b-6d18fc6f2ca3

Peter Doering
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Yes, that behavior is not correct.  Would it be possible to share the design with us so that we can take a closer look?

Thanks,

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3

Hi Jeff,

No problem. Due to prior difficulties I've already shared it with: Joel Palioca, Nathan Chandler, Katrin Grunawalt, Marshal Tu, Kris Berg

Any of the lady and gentlemen above have access to the project. If you want me to share it with you I'd be glad to do so, bu need an email address. The file name is "LED lamp" 

I believe I have already removed the offending joint origins and the joint, but it should be easy to recreate. Or you can use a prior version of V66.

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report