Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long way to go.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
211 Views, 3 Replies

Long way to go.

Either I have a longgggggggg way to go in learning Fusion, or Fusion has an astonishing lack of functionality.

Midpoint rectangle.png

I place a "centerpoint rectangle" at the projected origin and then a Tangent constraint.  I expect the rectangle to be fully constrained - but it is not.  Even though I clicked on a projected origin (or the circle center) as the location for the centerpoint of the rectangle it is not constrained to the origin, nor does it have an automatic vertical or horzontal constraint.  

So I add the Horizontal constraint myself and now I have to add a diagonal construction line to center the "centerpoint rectangle". 

But that isn't enough - can't select the midpoint of the line for a coincident constraint.

So now I have to add a sketch point at the midpoint of the diagonal construction line.

Either I have a lot to learn, or Fusion has a long way to go - before I will be able to introduce Fusion into a College level classroom.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The next update coming in a few days has the construction lines and point already created when you use a centered rectangle.

Please keep asking questions and providing suggestions we are moving fast.

One tip is to "fix" the point at the origin so it does not move. This removes the need to project the origin first and then constrain to the projected point.

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 4

@schneik-adsk wrote: 

Please keep asking questions and providing suggestions we are moving fast.

Good to hear.

I already cut the number of days scheduled for faculty training - I still have time to increase if I don't think I will be bombarded with, "Tell me again why we are learning this....."

Here  is another one.

I create a line from the origin.

Create a circle on that line out to the end of the line.

Everything fully constrained.

Now I edit the dimension and the coincident constraint flips quadrant connection to the circle.

Quadrant Switch.png

Message 4 of 4

This is fixed too. Smiley Happy

2014-06-18 09.01.04 am.png   2014-06-18 09.01.20 am.png

Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report