Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft Error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Helmi74
289 Views, 3 Replies

Loft Error

Hi,

i just wanted to create an air channel between the inlet part and the outlet. I tried doing this with the Loft command as i wanted to avoid to go into sculpt with object conversion and stuff (and as i'm not soo experienced in sculpting yet) but all i get is a loft error that doesn't bring me any further.

I've attached the file. The two faces i want to connect are the once that are facing each others so the "inner faces" like i would call it. Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Helmi

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AndrewSears
in reply to: Helmi74

Frank,

We can do this but it is not as easy as selecting the 2 faces.

Create a sketch and project the faces of the 2 components you want the loft to go between.  You could use 2 sketches but I did this with a 3D sketch.

create 3D sketch and project both edges.png

Now select the loft command and choose the outer closed loop profiles.  This will create a FULL loft to start with.

loft.PNG

Turn the sketch visibility back on.

Now repeat the loft command but this time select the inside and "cut".

cut.PNG

Now you can use combine if you need this to be one body.

Andy 

Message 3 of 4
Helmi74
in reply to: AndrewSears

I'm pulling this old post up again for two reasons:

First because i didn't thank Andrew - so take this as a late thanks, Andrew in case you still read this - i know you're not in the team anymore so greatings anyway 😉

The second reason is i'm seeing myself faced to a similar problem again and i can't seem to get this to work.

I've got some similar situation, have created two sketches (i don't know how a 3d sketch works anyways but Andrew said it should work with 2 sketches, too). I've projected the outlines (well they get automatically projected when creating the sketch. If i then start the loft command i can only select one of the profiles. As soon as i click or shift click the second one the selection disappears. I also don't get this numbered selection markers. Has this changed so dramatically since Andrew wrotes this here?

Also the "Swap" Dropdown doesn't appear in the Loft Box.

FYI: I'm in direct modelling mode.

Thanks for helping!
---
Frank / @helmi

Message 4 of 4
Helmi74
in reply to: Helmi74

Ok, looks like i finally got it working after playing some more with the selection process. The reason why it didn't work is because i didn't get the selection / click sequence right.

Is there any video around explaining the loft command? Think i just didn't get it right.
---
Frank / @helmi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report