Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joints for a U-JOINT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
519 Views, 3 Replies

Joints for a U-JOINT

i am trying to model a U-joint and get it to turn while the two ends are at different angles, as a 

u-joint should,  but cant figure out the correct joint set up for that,  i have seen the tutorials but its 

just not working for me, how do i ground both shafts on each end of the u-joint is the big question.

Anyone out there built one of these up, i would really love to watch the whole method to get it right.

Thanks 

Zach Wasil

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot grond both shafts. Mechanically that would not make any sense Smiley Happy Both of your "forks" need to move in a bearing like the blue one you already have. The bearings should be grounded or assembled to something else tat is itself grounded.

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thank you for the info, any chance of expounding further? Possibly a video of how they are set up?
I am going to try putting another shell on the other side for the grey shaft to revolve in, but what i need
is to be able to move that shaft to different angle and then rotate the u-joint without it flopping around.

Thanks so much!

Z
Message 4 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

File->Export

Select .f3d as format

Zip it up and attach to you next post.

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report