Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
colin.mcdonald
339 Views, 5 Replies

Joint issues

Hello:

. . . I am getting strange behaviour when attempting joints -- the moving body is snapping at a right-angle to the preview.

Please see the screencast: https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/4db92795-2ed0-4c67-aaaa-cb9f57a9e1fb

Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 2.40.50 PM.png

Cheers, C

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

. . . update: this does not work on an identical computer (OS X 10.10.1, 27" iMac, Fusion 2.0.1403). The only real difference is a space-mouse in the "joints that work" computer . . . 😐

(I can't tell what's going on here -- should I investigate further?)

Cheers, C

Message 3 of 6

. . . getting the issue again.

Either something is definitely up, or I have suddenly started to do things incorrectly (which is surely not a good realisation to push users to) . . .

See the screensnap, or the screencast: https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/027306ee-df36-48a5-99c1-9db9ebb7fbc9

Screen Shot 2015-01-19 at 4.17.34 PM.png

Cheers, C

Message 4 of 6
NicolasXu
in reply to: colin.mcdonald

Hi Colin,

Yes, it should not behave in this way. I'd like to look into it and try to figure out the root cause.

I have tried to reproduce this issue, but not able to see the problem. Would it be possible to get a copy of the files on where you see the problem? You can either Export the entire file as .F3d format or Share Public Link with me by enabling the download permission. Both commands are available under the File menu.

My email address: lixiong.xu@autodesk.com

Best Regards,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
NicolasXu
in reply to: colin.mcdonald

Hi Colin,

Thanks for sharing me the model. I can reproduce the problem. I have forwarded your case to the development team for deeper look. (Tracking ID is FUS-16171)

Meanwhile, here is workaround for the problem. Please watch the screencast for details. When selecting the joint origin or geometry in this case, we can infer either the center of the body edge of the center of the face.

Tips: Hover the mouse over a face then hold Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) to lock that face.

Hope it helps, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
colin.mcdonald
in reply to: NicolasXu

Hi Nicolas:
. . . thanks for the reply -- the workaround works like a charm (but probably should read the help pop-up more frequently). 🙂
Cheers, C

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report