Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with rendering materials/color on web interface/ interactive rendering

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pmcfadden
465 Views, 2 Replies

Issue with rendering materials/color on web interface/ interactive rendering

Hi there,

I have a model with multiple materials/appetences. In F360's internal rendering function these materials show up correctly (powder coat black, powder coat white, Rubber, and aluminum  for example.) If I do raytrace everything looks good, however in the interest of leveraging cloud resources I thought id just line up some renders using interactive rendering.

When I open the document in the web interface and open the render tab I see that one of the bodies is NOT showing up as the correct material. If I open the interactive rendering window it still shows up with the wrong material. I have tried changing both the appearance and materials settings in F360 (saving, and waiting for the previews to lode of the new version) but still have the same issue. The specific part which is giving me issues IS a complex 3D scan (~1700 faces) if that is of any help.

Would love to be able to use the interactive rendering option on this so any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-pat

PS:Screenshot attached

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joel.palioca
in reply to: pmcfadden

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the troubles, are you able to upload or send me a copy of the file?  This way I can look into what may be happening.

You can create an archive copy of the file by going to export and choosing archive .f3d.

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
NeilR001
in reply to: joel.palioca

I am having a similar problem with my previews (link below) in the model window or when rendered it looks as it should with all the brick material going in the correct directions, byut as you can see in the preview they are not correct. When I applied the material I applied it to the compenent and then re-alplied material on faces, just fyi, it is showing in the web preview the materials as aplied to the component but not all of the faces. This seems to only aply to teh brick material as the walkway material was aplied to the face and it came through fine. 

I am new to A360 and this is a test project that I imported and plan on finnishing in A360, really do like the rendering interface so far. still retraining my brain for the design side but going well I think.

https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue29adab9/shares/public/SHabee1QT1a327cf2b7affe99aae6e292462

Here is a pic in the render window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report