Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation in an OSX multi-user environment?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
676 Views, 3 Replies

Installation in an OSX multi-user environment?

It seems that the way usion 360 is currently deployed on OSX this is something that's just not possible on educational or other large networks that use network based authentication (and not per machine local user accounts).

Am I missing something?  My colleagues and I have tried a couple of different approaches to try and come up with a workaround for this, but so far nothing works.  This basically means that Fusion 360 is just not doable for a huge portion of both the educational and large business market.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
charegb
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Mark,

As you have already seen, the Fusion 360 streaming installer installs to a user's profile and not a system wide location. We understand that this works well for end users but not for deployments.

Are you trying to deploy Fusion 360 in an education labs environment? I would like to talk to you a bit more to understand the senario and chat about how we can improve this in the future. Please email me at bankim.charegaonkar@autodesk.com to discuss this a bit more.

Regards,

Bankim

Fusion 360 Product Manager

Message 3 of 4
filo.filiberti
in reply to: charegb

the installation from the root user is a bit 'complicated
We solved by creating a user Fusion 360.
Wanted to know if it is possible to enable and disable the user in the Dashboard Autodesk Fusion so that I can switch between the students on the various computer

Grazie
Fabio
Message 4 of 4
robduarte
in reply to: filo.filiberti

The IT guys in our college have the same question, since I need F360 installed in our multi-user labs. I think a temporary workaround might be to create a F360 user, give the password only to students in my course, install F360 for that user. As far as forcing the user to enter their credentials when starting F360, I've just been tampering with my own installation and this seems to do the job:

rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/Web\ Services/LoginState.xml

I'll let the IT guys figure out how to run that command at each login or logout - it seems that login/logout scripts have been deprecated in MacOS in favor of launchd. But it doesn't seem clear from my small bit of searching how to do the equivalent of login/logout scripts with launchd.

Rob

Rob Duarte
Associate Professor in Art, Florida State University
Co-Director FSU Facility for Arts Research
http://art.fsu.edu/rob-duarte/

Twitter | YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report