Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
asmenor
532 Views, 5 Replies

Instability ?

There are a ton of things I love about Fusion 360 but it crashes for me all the time (I'd understand if it were alpha software, but it seems rediculiously unstable for beta level software).

I'm using the latest released build (1.6.353) on a late 2011 MacBook Air ith OS X 10.8.3 12D78.

I'm curious if anyone else is having a similar experience or if it is just an issue with my system or perhaps something that I'm doing.

Thanks,

~ Scott

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: asmenor

I don't know that this crashes more than the earlier version, but it has many new features and it crashes differently. I've reported crashes consistently, and what I have heard back is that there are some known Mac specific issues- related to hiding the Dock and using full screen, and related to jumping from another app directly to the Fusion browser.  Avoiding those things might help preserve sanity until a fix is released. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 3 of 6
jessica.t

Hello Scott,

I’m sorry that you have been experiencing crashing with your Fusion 360.

Be sure to submit the crash error report if you experience the crash again. Can you tell us at what instance Fusion 360 is crashing for you? What graphics card are you using?

We are doing our best to locate, troubleshoot and resolve all problems related to persistent crashing and every report helps the cause.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 4 of 6
colin.mcdonald

Hi Scott:

. . . I've been trying both the WIndows and OS X versions.

While fusion is fine in Windows, the OS X version is essentially unusable so far -- the screen refresh rate is awful with any sort of "viewcube grab". (And don't mention the words "space mouse".)

Cheers, C

Message 5 of 6

Today (April 8th) and update went out to fix some know defects. One, related to switching windows on the Mac was included in the fixes and should address some stability problems. We hope!

Let us know if you continue to see instability and if you can identify reproducible cases.

Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 6

I've been using Fusion on a several year old 27" iMac, running 10.8.3, and it's been pretty smooth.  The latest update has my Space Navigator working quite well.  I wonder if display issues are related to specific graphics cards or to the RAM in the machine? 

Ron

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report