Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert command not working for search results in data panel?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Oceanconcepts
369 Views, 7 Replies

Insert command not working for search results in data panel?

I notice that whenever i search for a component in my data panel, find it, and try to insert it into the open drawing, I am unable to get a response. It looks like it should be inserting, but nothing happens. This is only for search results.

Fusion 360ScreenSnapz029.jpg

If I open the part on its own, then close the file, I am able to use the insert command successfully. Is this expected, or am I missing something?

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
NicolasXu
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Hi Ron,

The Insert operation from search results should work. I tried cleaning up the local file cache and inserting from search results, and it works. I saw “Downloading document” message above the commend toolbar then the selected file is open up.

Would you double check it on your side? How big the file size is? Is there any possibility that the file is big so the downloading lasts a long time?

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
Jon.Dean

I think you will find it does work, you just have to make sure you have selected it and it is available.

Check out the video link below:

View Insert_from_Search now.

Jon

Jon Dean

Message 4 of 8
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: Jon.Dean

It seems as if it should work, but I consistently see it not working from search results on my iMac system. With file sizes as small as a single screw. Even if they have been "found" in the data panel for a good while- plenty of time to download. I can select the "insert" command in the submenu, but nothing happens. If I open the item first, the insert command works as expected, still from the search results in the data panel. I'm away from that system all this week, but will upload a screencast when I get back. 

I see in the middle section of your screencast a few instances of selecting the insert option when the item does not appear to insert- it still makes me wonder if I am missing something. 

- Ron

Message 5 of 8
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: NicolasXu

Hi Nicholas,

The files are small, so I don't think downloading is an issue. I fairly recently (1 week ago) did a complete remove and reinstall of Fusion for another issue, but I will try cleaning the cache when I get back next week. The behavior seems completely consistent, so I was wondering if I was missing something. I have been running into a lot of PLM360 errors lately, and consistently have problems shutting down on this system if Fusion has been open a good while- that's being investigated, and is likely some sort of software conflict. 

- Ron

Message 6 of 8

Hi Ron,

I can reproduce the insert issue that you are seeing on my side. My initial feeling is that it has to do with the date on which the file was last saved. I am investigating to see if it is time specific or some sort of data specific (Since I see in Jon’s video that he can insert files that are more than a month old). When you get a change can you check to see if you can insert some of the newer files that you have created? This is definitely something that we can reproduce internally and we will look into it.  

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 8
NicolasXu

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the update. I worked with Raj to reproduce the problem. It turns to be related to the date on which the design was last saved. If the file was last saved before November release, the issue will be shown.

I have forwarded the case to the development team for a fix. The tracking ID is UP-16826.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: NicolasXu

That makes perfect sense in relation to what I am seeing. I expect all the files I had trouble with had not been independently opened for a while.

- Ron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report