Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing line art for extrusion?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
big_red_frog
1239 Views, 3 Replies

Importing line art for extrusion?

Hi There,

One of the first things I will be looking for ( once I can get my own dwg files into 360 ) will be the ability to get line art generated else where into 360.

Such as from inkscape or similar vector programs that are also capable of exporting as a dxf file if necassary.  (would prefer dimensionally accurate .svg )

Critically want to be able to get line art into a plane, in much the same way as a bitmap, so you end up with sketch elements, that you could then select and extrude etc.

Is this possible?

Otherwise, I end up having to import a bitmap and then hand trace the outline inside the program, which as you can no doubt appreciate is highly inefficient ( at least that is what I had to do in inventor fusion )

Thanks for any support.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: big_red_frog

This is not possible, today, unfortunately.  However, this is a very good idea.  It seems like an import of vector lines in SVG to 2D sketch lines should be relatively straightforward.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 4
schneik-adsk
in reply to: big_red_frog

This would be a good idea to add to the idea station forum, so that we can track and follow up on your ideas.

Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 4
big_red_frog
in reply to: schneik-adsk

SVG now supported in Fusion. Great stuff...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report