Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported assembly from Inventor, strange versions...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mark.young
220 Views, 2 Replies

Imported assembly from Inventor, strange versions...

I imported an assembly from Inventor 2014. I created some bodies & did a few edits, I made about 2 versions.

Logging back in, I notice the history says I have 52 versions ! Only the 2 latest versions have thumbnails, and will open. The earlier ones give this message:

Fusion Inventor version prob.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AndrewSears
in reply to: mark.young

Mark,

Can you add me to your group so I can look at the data?  andrew.sears@autodesk.com

Can I download data to my machine if needed?

Do you have any ideas on how the older data got corrupted?  We are seeing this behavior with a few other people and I have experienced it myself where previous versions are not opening or showing a thumbnail.  Any steps you can think of will help. 

FYI - Your 52 version could come from Autosave which does not prompt you like hitting "ctrl+s" will.  If this is too many version change the setting in the preferences.  

Andy 

Message 3 of 3
mark.young
in reply to: mark.young

Hi Andrew,

I think I've just invited you to the group. Let me know if you didn't get it.

You can download some data (there's only the one assembly in there) , just be aware it's private work stuff.

I really didn't do anything other than import the assembly and go in and playa round with some bodies. I gave it the .ipj location and after a few minutes it had imported it.

My auto versioning was set at 60 mins - I only had it open for an hour or two so I can't quite see how that would have happened!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums