Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
macxike
328 Views, 3 Replies

Import help

Hello,

I recall after you import a file, it automatically updates if the imported file has changed. I think it worked before... but for some reason it no longer updates itself. Do I need to turn this function on? or did something changed after the update?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

HI,

Fusion 360 does not have an associative link to the file that you are importing. You can right click on the design in the data panel and Import new and select the modified import file on your local machine and that should get the new design in.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 4

When you said "Import new", do you mean "Import New Version"?

Also, does "that should get the new design in" mean it will insert the new file as another component, but I still have to delete the older version correct? or will it replace the older version of the same component inside the browser? Can you please elaborate or is there a video online of this?

Thanks for helping
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Reading your questions, i now realize that I was thrown off by the work import file. I assume you are actually doing an "Insert" in to a design. If this is the case then we do not have associative insert. So once you have inserted a file into a design there are no links to force an update when the parent file changes. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report