Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Snap-to / Move a SINGLE component when multiple copies exist?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
823 Views, 4 Replies

How to Snap-to / Move a SINGLE component when multiple copies exist?

I have copied/pasted several identical components and if I use the manual MOVE control for the entire component it only moves that particular component.  But if I try to select a point on an object so I can SNAP-TO / MOVE a component (right click a corner and select MOVE) it attempts to move ALL of the similar components instead of just the one I'm focusing on...   How do I SNAP-TO an individual component?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
NicolasXu
in reply to: Anonymous

When we select the component in the browser then invoke Move command, it’s in the Move Components mode by default, so we can move that particular component.

When we invoke Move first then select objects in the graphics window, it’s in the Move Bodies/Sketches mode. Because these components are identical, any changes made to one body will be also seen in other instances. It should explain what you have experienced. 

So, in the second case, we can just switch to Move Components mode by clicking the corresponding Object option in the Move command dialog, then we can move a particular component.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: NicolasXu

Yes, I understand how to move a single component BUT I need it to SNAP to a specific point on another component.  

Message 4 of 5
NicolasXu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

In the Move command, we may use the Point to Point transform to snap the component. Is it what you want?

P2P_Snap.PNG

Hope it helps, and please let us know if any questions.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: NicolasXu

That was EXACTLY what I was looking for!!!   Thank you so much!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report