Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover files after dialog fades away.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rnl9t
233 Views, 4 Replies

How to recover files after dialog fades away.

I recently experienced a crash that cost me some work.  When I restarted I got a little pop up saying there were files to recover, but I was too slow to click it and it disappeared.  I have searched in vain to file a "recover files" function, including the notifications (where you might expect it to show up) and in the project itself (where recovery files might be located--although in fairness, F360 refuses to open the folder "CAD files" in the project, so something might be hiding in there that I can't see).  Of course a search of "file recovery" in the documentation turns up absolutely nothing.  

Where should I look for recovered files?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
herzinj
in reply to: rnl9t

I believe one way that you could do this is from the dashboard.  If you go to your model there and choose to open its details, you will have an option for versions of it.  The one before the crash is probably what would be opened to recover your parts from the pop-up, or very close to it.  Give it a try, I'm sure someone else will have an idea on here that could be of more help.

James

https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png
Message 3 of 5
Oceanconcepts

You don't say if you are on Windows or Mac- on Mac you can go to the notifications list, the "hamburger menu" at the extreme top right of the Mac's screen. Clicking on this should enable you to bring up the notice again.

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 4 of 5
rnl9t
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

I am on Windows. I have an “alerts” menu in the upper right corner that has information about my exports, but there is nothing there or in my “inbox” that mentions recovered files.
Message 5 of 5
Oceanconcepts

The Notifications menu I mentioned is part of the OS, not Fusion- maybe there is something similar on Windows? But it does seem as if there should be an easy route to file recovery messages from within Fusion. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report