Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to join two sketch rectangles with bevel?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
blackpuma
1175 Views, 2 Replies

How to join two sketch rectangles with bevel?

We're designing a simple specialized cabinet. We laid out the side view in a sketch, using thin rectangles to represent 1/4" MDF board. We then extruded the rectangles to the proper depth, and voilà we had a 3D cabinet of the proper dimensions.

We decided to modify the design and I added a lid that slopes down from the top.  Beauty, piece of cake.

Except… the point where the top board and the lid meet leaves a 45° gap as can be seen in the attached image. The purple hand-drawn lines represent my desire to modify these rectangle so thaty they come together without a gap with a nice 22.5° bevel (which ideally would bevel the extruded body faces).

How do I modify the sketch to extend the the lid and top so they come together with beveled edges? I can use draft to alter the lid and top bodies, but can't figure out how to alter the sketch.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: blackpuma

Hopefully I'm understandingt the problem correctly.  What I would do is this.  Starting from something like your picture:

sketch bevel 1.png

Insert a line (any length) in the gap:

sketch bevel 2.png

Then add an angle dimension between the two, and set it to 22.5 degrees:

sketch bevel 3.png

Then, draw a horizontal line from the point on the right side:

sketch bevel 4.png

and then another line from the point on the left to the endpoint of the previous line:

sketch bevel 5.png

Is that what you had in mind?

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
blackpuma
in reply to: jeff_strater

Jeff,

This was very helpful. I'm still learning the ropes and was able to create two correctly-beveled panels.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report