Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of Import reports and notifications?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Helmi74
451 Views, 3 Replies

How to get rid of Import reports and notifications?

Hi,

i thought i already brought this up in the past but couldn't find the old thread. As this is still annoying it couldn't be wrong to bring it up again:

These import reports suck 🙂

While i basically understand that these reports may contain valuable information in some cases it never did for me. And i already imported loads of stuff. If they have to be there i would vote for:

- not showing them in the Timeline as standalone item but rather group them with the item they are related to. They are already grouped so just hiding them in the timeline would be a good step. You could still find them with the item.

- i'm sure there is a way to disable email notifications for successfull or failed imports but i can't find it. This setting is at least not named like this and to be honest, the naming standard for notification settings is kind of a strange language (at least for me as a non native english speaker).

Overall usability: Personally i think there's still too much stuff that needs user action. Successfull imports are nothing that should require you to click anything away (and/or delete email messages). They normally only take seconds to very few minutes so you could be quite sure they are ready. Additionally you can see them in the progress pulldown as long as they're not finished. I don't see any sense in having notification that you have to actively mark as ready. Next senseless issue there is when you click the notification that says "import finished" from the alert dropdown it opens an alert detail view in a popup that you have to close again instead of bringing you to the file. 

"Less is more" is something that should be the topic of the next dashboard refresh. I think we're still too cluttered although it's gotten much better after the last update in January(?)

To close with my initial questions: Is there any chance of an easy "delete *.pdf" and get rid of these email notifications? 😉

---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rishivadher
in reply to: Helmi74

hi

go to 1-"Setting" and 2-"Notification" and files and uncheck the "Uploads a new version of File", the pdf I delete then as soon has no relevence. hope this is the solucion

best

Message 3 of 4
Helmi74
in reply to: rishivadher

I've disabled this setting and still receive emails from imports - are you sure we're talking about the same?
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 4 of 4
SallyYang
in reply to: Helmi74

Thanks for your feedback, we will make improvement in future releases.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report