Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to alter/change Push/Pull INCREMENT snap values?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3886 Views, 2 Replies

How to alter/change Push/Pull INCREMENT snap values?

When I attempt to press/pull any object it defaults to .5mm snapping.  How do I change this default snapping increment to something different (i.e.  .25mm)?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joel.palioca
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

The snapping increments are dependent on how you have setup your options.  If you take a look at the Layout Grid option in the navigation toolbar at the bottom of your screen you should see a few things there that may be helpful.

Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 11.27.16 AM.png

If you choose the option to "Set Snap Value" you will be prompted with a couple different options.

One is Fixed and the other is Adaptive.

Fixed allows you to set a specific value for each snapping increment.  If you are constantly using the save value this may be useful to you.

Adapative changes the snapping increment dependent on how zoomed in you are.  The closer you zoom in, the smaller the value gets for snapping.  This seems to be the preferred method since it allows you to zoom in to gain greater fidelity with your increments.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any feedback around this, we are always looking for ways to improve the product for you.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: joel.palioca

Fantastic.  I simply wasn't zoomed in far enough to trigger the smaller increments I was seeking.  (Though it shifted from half mm to 1/10 mm which still didn't solve my .25mm issue BUT the FIXED option handles it perfectly.)

Excellent functionality / UI.  I just wasn't smart enough to figure out how to make it work.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report