Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holes through single body

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
447 Views, 4 Replies

Holes through single body

Hi, I have a solid model with several parts. When I create a hole or cutting part it cuts though everything. How can I make it just cut one body and not all of them? I tried making separate components but the hole even cuts across components. This is not what I would expect to happen.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi one simple way to do that is to light out the components or bodies you do not want to cut through. For example, I have three separate components here, I light out two of them, cut a hole on the remaining component and light on again. Only the visible one had been cut. Hope this will help.

Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 10.56.13 am.png        

Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 11.03.25 am.png

Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 11.03.41 am.png

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hey Thanks for the quick reply. That works thanks. There seem to be multiple paraigms for similar tools. Based on how other tools behave I would expect the ability to select a target and a a tool. Hiding all non targets is a totally different paradigm and is a problem with I want to reference a second body while cutting the first.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi I am glad it helped you. With all these different modes in Fusion360 it might seems a bit confusing sometimes. The Parametric Mode is something new. I am using it but I already knew what it can or cannot do. For my purposes it works. But I do save the parametric model as a parametric version but the final commercial model for actual production I switched to a DM Model since"Clean Files without sketches, and Tsplines"  are needed to made stp igs  DXF and DWG files for our mould & CAM people. So maybe the Direct Modeling mode is better for you at this time. When I wanted to revise a model I will import that Parametric Model back and make changes. The Timeline is quite useful if you know how to adjust on things it can do or cannot do. Holes are actually on the Timeline. In Parametric Mode you might have to use the TimeLine to edit holes. Fillets also on the Timeline and once changed, the rest will change also. That is the beauty of Parametric Modeling but a lot needs to be added and updated. Enjoy the program! I still think that this program is easier to use than others but it is a very "young Program". Maybe less than one year in the market (not including Beta). That is already very very good. At least I can make products using this program successfully!

Message 5 of 5
Mike.Zhang

We've collected your idea about this issue. Thanks for your information.

Regards,

Mike.Zhang
SQA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report