Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Resolution Image Capture

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
robert.kettle
4709 Views, 8 Replies

High Resolution Image Capture

I am looking to improve the resolution of image capture in model mode. I like the image capture function especially as I dont want to go through the rendering process but i find the rolsution is really poor with no obvious ways to improve it.  

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
kingson138
in reply to: robert.kettle

The screen capture is the standard computer screen resolution of 72ppi. You can use Adobe Photoelements Editor to rescale the images to 300ppi or higher. The editor can also make the images nicer.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 3 of 9
robert.kettle
in reply to: kingson138

This sounds like there is nothing available within Fusion that will allow me to create the resolution that i require 

Regards 

Message 4 of 9
kingson138

You can always request such a feature at the other section of this forum. Personally I think Fusion 360 is a 3D designers' program and not an image editor. Photo Editors like those from Adobe can do better job for images and photos. For professional work, outside image editors are needed to make even the Renderings more presentable. Anyway Fusion 360 does provide different resolution for the STL file generations but that is different from editing images.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 5 of 9
robert.kettle

The images are to be use in design presentations and to be able to create them at a reasonable resolution directly from fusion would really be a big benifit, i am not after full renderings just a image capture that i can use in presentations. Currently the resolution really isn't the greatest and does not do the 3D model justice 

I will, as you suggest, request this feature

Thanks 

Message 6 of 9
kingson138

Post a message here after you had requested such a feature. I will give you a Kudos for that. The more Kudos the more they will listen. I think an option to increase to different resolution is a good addition to this wonderful program.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 7 of 9
robert.kettle

Message 8 of 9

I see that this post is 2014. Still worth noting that File, Image Capture, drop down menu Custom... is different from the other options. Typing in 9999 does give a picture with more pixels. Note that the Resolution field grays out; the number stays which is misleading. 

Message 9 of 9

note that you can edge the height up ~7000 and get widths above 9999 (which is the limit you can type) and still get the program to output files (692kb png). These will have better quality.

why there is an option for 256x256 is beyond me.
If anyone references this for bugs, you can change the dpi by setting it to 'inches' mode (vs pixel). it doesnt seem to do anything useful. I want a 2 DPI 12inch x 12inch canvas! /s

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report