Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you customized your toolbar?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
haughec
338 Views, 2 Replies

Have you customized your toolbar?

If so, what commands have you added to the toolbar in the Sculpt, Model & Patch workspaces?  We would love to see screenshots.

We would also love to hear feedback on how discoverable & useful toolbar customization is to you.

Thank you!

Charles Haughey
Fusion 360 User Experience Architect
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: haughec

I have not customized the toolbar, though I may well as I spend more time with Fusion.

However there is one thing that I find a minor user interface irritation in the toolbar that could be fixed with a design change:

I frequently go to the top toolbar menus, rather than bringing up the onscreen menus with a right click- perhaps habit, but also the onscreen menus seem smaller and harder to hit the right item.  When I'm headed for the toolbar menus, if I inadvertently click on the icon for a task in the toolbar (it's easy to miss the text), it brings up a descriptive help text for that tool- Box, for instance.  This text is positioned exactly blocking access to the actual top menu text I need to hit to trigger a pull down and get access- Create, for instance. If I roll down to try to get the textual menu, this help text expands. The only way then to access the tools for Create, Modify, etc. is to move completely away until the help text disappears.

It seems to me that the help text should pop out alongside the menu, rather than blocking access to other tools. It should disappear when the text menu is selected and a drop down is triggered. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 3 of 3
haughec
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

I've encountered this issue as well.  The good news is that it has been fixed in an internal build (the tooltips now appear below the toolbar, and no longer obscure the menus), and you should receive the fix in the next update.  

Thanks for the feedback.

Charles Haughey
Fusion 360 User Experience Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report