Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusions 360 hanged while saving… can't open project anymore (Fusion 360 hangs).

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
blackpuma
985 Views, 6 Replies

Fusions 360 hanged while saving… can't open project anymore (Fusion 360 hangs).

Late last night I saved a project, and Fusion 360 hung eternally with the spinning coloured ball (OS X). I let it do that for 10 or 15 minutes before forcibly killing Fusion 360.

This morning using the A360 app on the iPad it said that the file was not available, so I try to open the project in Fusion 360, and when I try to open that project, it hangs eternally with the spinning coloured ball. I see no option other than forcing Fusion 360 to quit.

This is rather annoying as it's the first project we'd like to turn into a physical object, rather than a practice project.

Ideas?

This happens on a new model iMac and a Macbook Pro.

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Phil.E
in reply to: blackpuma

See if the file is saved in your offline cache.

1. Start Fusion.
  2. Under the menu with your user name on it, pick Work Offline.
  3. See if the file appears in your data panel.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
blackpuma
in reply to: Phil.E

Thank for replying!

1. I switched to offline mode.
  2. I can open the project without problems.
  3. I switched to online mode.
  4. When I quit Fusion 360, I still get the message, "You have 3 data uploads in progress which wil be stopped if you quit now…." etc. (Image attached)
  5. If I try to open the problem project, it opens fine.

Conclusion:

It looks like the hanging problem has been resolved. However, I'm not sure what's up with Fusion insisting that there are uploads in progress. These projects are quite small. Even if I let fusion sit open for hours, the upload message which coincided with the original problem remains. (This may, of course, be a separate problem that's merely coincidental.)

Autodesk_Fusion_360_Ultimate.png

Message 4 of 7
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: blackpuma

For what it's worth, I have started seeing exactly the same message  "You have 3 data uploads in progress which will be stopped if you quit now…." on trying to quit Fusion- even after opening no files. This after having a string of PLM 360 errors. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 5 of 7
blackpuma
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

Aha! I'm not totally crazy. (Well maybe so, but that's between me and my shrink. *wink*)

This furthers my suspicion that this is a separate problem that simply coïncided with my original problem.

I didn't mention that I get this message just by opening Fusion 360, then quitting without opening anything.
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

When you get this message - Click on NO (to not quit) and at this point can you please capture the diagnotic log files (Help - Diagnostics Log files) and send it to rajkumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com? We have fixed a similar problem before and would like to find more details here. 

Also do you login to your accounts on multiple machines?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 7

Rajkumar,

Yes, I log into different machines: my laptop, my home workstation, and my work workstation. Two are running OS X. The other is running Windows 7.

If I encounter the problem again, I'll do as you've instructed.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report