Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion360 Sculpt is "freezing" my sculpts?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tdtwohy
258 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion360 Sculpt is "freezing" my sculpts?

I know this has something to do with the new "Timeline" somehow... but sculpting in the new version is frustrating me no end.

You seem to be pushing modeling as a quick, gestural affair... it isn't for me.

I need to open and close F360 and have my Sculpts workable... all the elements fluid until I freeze them for the final form (on several related elements) which is now not simple. I know shelling, joints and other mechanical features are best done in modeling... but F360 is now insisting on Modeling as the main tool set.

In this case, I'm trying to build an action figure, but freezing models too early is a real problem as models grow more lines when you switch back and forth... and that slows workflow.

The new set-up keeps solidifying my models on save or forcing me to commit all to soon in the process.

Users might want to use the Sculpt tool extensively and might, for whatever reason, NOT want to turn to Blender or some other program for complex sculpts.

Do I simply turn off a useful tool like Timeline?

Can I turn off some other parameter and get the same result?

Whats the strategy to make this work (as before)  inside 360?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
garin
in reply to: tdtwohy

I would love to chat with you on this. Send me a DM if you have time to chat the next few days. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report