Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion not saving, yet able to model?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tdtwohy
487 Views, 6 Replies

Fusion not saving, yet able to model?

Well, the Title says it all.

After a few weeks away from Fusion, but having DLed 2.0.1045 I had something to model. I opened a file I made with the new version... used the new tools, everything went well.

I've tried to save, and though a file (repete with the name I chose) appears... it has nothing in it when I look at the Dashboard.

When I open he file... I see the sever is dutifully displaying what it thinks it has... just nothing I modeled... it's like it forgot to actually save, or there is something interfering with whatever I'm sending out.

Thinking it might be my insane modeling idea (a snail) I made a new file... and it too failed in the same odd manner.

Is it a perhaps due to some Techshop Firewall? I'm at Techshop now, havent tried it at me office or over my iPhone tether.

I don't have a paid membership... I'm on the "enthusiast" track. If thats the cause... why can I still model? I would imagine I would have to pay to recover models... not have them unsaveable.

Curious.

Heres a pic of what I modeled for refferance... not a shred of it remains... only the path that started it :

Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 5.41.12 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
FrankCao
in reply to: tdtwohy

Hi tdtwohy,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Don't worry, you don't have to pay to create and see your models now:)  It seems that there are some problems with the file saving process. Could you help provide the problematic file's version information to us for further analysis?

To access the version information of the file, you can follow the steps below:

1. Go to "Data ---> Your project"

2. Find the file you are insterested. Usually the file you created and saved would be listed there.

3. Click the design item's thumbnail, and go to version's tab, like following picture shows:

Version information.png

You can attach a similar picture in the post threads or email related information to weining.cao@autodesk.com for us to do further analysis.

Thanks,

Frank

Message 3 of 7
tdtwohy
in reply to: FrankCao

OK.... here's the screen shot:

Screen Shot 2014-02-28 at 6.00.55 PM.png

Message 4 of 7
kingson138

Hi This is the problem I reported to Keqing by PM sometimes ago. Finally another user noticed the problem.

Regards,
Kingson
Using Apple computers
Message 5 of 7
tdtwohy
in reply to: FrankCao

Heads up. I was able to successfully save the files by changing them from sculpts to models... but it should be able to save regardless.

The issue seems to be related to the scupt environment.

I really need to use this for my work... please fix it.

Message 6 of 7
FrankCao

Hi tdtwohy,

Thanks for providing us the version information about your model.

It looks like there are some bugs during the cloud saving process when you close the document last time. We are looking into this problem now and hope to get a fix in the next update.

For now, I would suggest you to save your model to local computer by using the "Export Archive.." command when you finish some important modeling operations. And you can import it back if you encounter the similar issues in the future.

Glad to know you can save the model by changing from Sculpt to Model. I have sent this information to developer to see whether environment difference is related to the cloud saving problems.

Also thanks kingson to reporting this issue!

Regards,

Frank  

Message 7 of 7
FrankCao

Hi tdtwohy,

Just now our developer has confirmed  there is a saving issue in the Sculpt environment and they will fix it in the next update.

Currently, there is another workaround that you can take:

1. Click "Finish form" if you are not in the modeling environment.

2. Hit "Modify-->Compute all".

Then you will see your model comes back.

Thanks,

Frank

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report