Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 v2.0.10.43 changes the interface after 2nd day?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
inaid
518 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 v2.0.10.43 changes the interface after 2nd day?

Yesterday I installed the latest version of Fusion360 (2.0.10.43) and started to work with them with no problems. As you know, the interface (and other things) have been changed but suddently, today, when I opened Fusion360, the interface looks the same as the previous version.

What happens? I uninstalled Fusion 360 adn reinstalled last version but the result is the same, old interface.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
inaid
in reply to: inaid

Ok, if you load an older design the interface changes to older version interface. If you create new design the interface maintains with the new look.

Message 3 of 5
Helmi74
in reply to: inaid

I guess the difference that you are seeing is the difference between direct modelling and history based modelling. Old files started in direct modelling are still in this mode, new files are automatically started in history based modelling with the new timeline feature and you can revert them to direct modelling if you want.
---
Frank / @helmi

Established 1974. Internet addicted since 1994. Collector of Kudos.
Message 4 of 5
LeonMF
in reply to: Helmi74

I've poked around the interface and I can't figure out how to convert a file to history based modeling.  Is it possible to convert to do this?

Message 5 of 5
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: LeonMF

Yes, but it's well hidden.  Right click on the root component at the top of the browser. The last item in the menu should be Capture Design History, assuming you start in the direct modeling environment.

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report