Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Ultimate Instability

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
quaverf
550 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion 360 Ultimate Instability

Working on a fairly simple design with only 4 components.  Have had 4 crashes today.  I running Windows 8.1, brand new Dell laptop (i7, 16 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce 750M video card).  Fresh install of Ultimate (Thursday night).  Have other customers been experiencing instabilty issues?

I must say, with this being my first weekend of using Ultimate as a paying customer I am not impressed.

Rick

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
prabakarm
in reply to: quaverf

Rick,

Sorry for the experience you have had this weekend.  Did you get a chance to submit a crash report?  That will help us quickly identify where the problem is to suggest a solution or provide a software fix.  If you had submitted a crash report we will need your e-mail address to pin point the crash you are specifically experiencing.  If you are willing to share it you can do it in the forum or send an e-mail to support.fusion360@autodesk.com

Also if the crash is reproducible any steps you can share will help us reproduce it on our end.  You can use our screencase app to do that.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/123112/files/download-autod...

Thanks,

Prabakar.

Message 3 of 6
quaverf
in reply to: prabakarm

I did submit the crash reports, also typed a description of what I was doing at the time the crash(s) occurred.  Different situations each time.  My email address was provided with my user ID information; I would prefer not to share it in the forum.  I thought the email was included in the crash.

Rick

Message 4 of 6
quaverf

This morning I launched Fusion Ultimate and tried to open the project I was working on yesterday, same project I was have the instability issues with.  The assembly shows up in the project files viewing area (LH side of screen) but there is a turning pen wheel next to it.  When I try to open it I get a message that says the project is being uploaded; "Save to cloud in progress please wait".  Well I have been waiting for well over five minutes now and I still cannot access my project.  I suspect something is wrong as in that same window of time I have uploaded to Fusion about 3 Mb of IGES files for three fasteners.  In other words, this is not a connectivity or upload bandwidth problem.

So at this moment I am unable to work on my project.  NOT a fan of not being able to access my work when I want to access my work.

Message 5 of 6
quaverf

Re-started Fusion and was able to access my project without further issue. Will continue to provide additional information on this instability problem as I encounter issues.
Message 6 of 6
prabakarm

Rick, would be willing to share your e-mail directly to me (prabakar.murugappan@autodesk.com).

Thanks,

Prabakar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report