Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Questions: Hide Grid & Change Lighting (for Mac)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
billdresselhaus
39923 Views, 8 Replies

Fusion 360 Questions: Hide Grid & Change Lighting (for Mac)

For Mac Version Fusion 360:

How does one hide the Fusion 360 grid for a nice snapshot or view without the grid showing (like in 123D Design)???

And how does one change the lighting in a Fusion 360 model (not rendered) in modeling mode???

Thanks, Bill Dresselhaus

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Phil.E
in reply to: billdresselhaus

To remove the layout grid display:

layout_grid_toggle.png

There isn't a direct lighting control outside of Render, but you may find enough variety by changing environments:

effects_.png

Thanks!

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
billdresselhaus
in reply to: Phil.E

Thank you, Phil!!!

Wow, getting an email telling me I had an answer is GREAT!!!

Bill
Message 4 of 9
Phil.E
Message 5 of 9
mark177.news

I am attempting to hide the grid also. The "Layout grid" check box is grayed out so I cannot uncheck it.
Message 6 of 9
Autumn.S
in reply to: mark177.news

Hi @mark177.news

Make sure you are not in a sketch or a tool, "grid" is greyed out when you are editing a sketch or using some tools.

If you want to hide the sketch grid, check the sketch palette. There is a grid option there as well.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 9
JetForMe

Weird. My control for the grid is both disabled and unchecked, yet my grid is on:

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 21.15.08 .png

MacBook Pro, PCNC1100 Series 3, Slant-PRO 15L Lathe, Custom AvidCNC-based 4x9' CNC Router w/24k 4.5 kW HSD Spindle & Teknic SDSK Servos
Message 8 of 9
LogicSpeaks
in reply to: JetForMe

My grid is also still visible even though it shows that its off.  Is this a bug?  It wasn't showing up a few moments ago, and now it just wont disappear no matter what I do with the settings.  I guess I'll try rebooting the program.

Message 9 of 9
LogicSpeaks
in reply to: Autumn.S

Ah... right... Autumn already answered my question... I had been in a sketch still and switched to CAM

Correction again --- I am out of sketch mode and yet the grid is still visible even when the grid is unchecked in "grid and snap" settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report