Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Browser/Components issue

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
macmanpb
2135 Views, 12 Replies

Fusion 360 Browser/Components issue

Since Yesterday i can't move/sort elements within the browser. Also i can't make subassemblies by moving a component into a component.

Creating new components is working fine, but moving or put them into a existing component fails.

For testing i have created a new document. And do the same things. And here all the things works like expected.

Have the browser a limit of existing components and subassemblies.? Please help!

Thanks...

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
joel.palioca
in reply to: macmanpb

Macmanpb,

Are you able to attach the file that your are having problems with?  It sounds like there is something specific going on with this file and it could really help us determine the issue if you were able to send it to us to investigate.

You can do this by going to the file menu and choosing export.  Define the type as archive and you can either email me the file or you can upload it here.  If there are any errors while uploading to the forums you can change the file extention to .zip and it should upload correctly.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 13
macmanpb
in reply to: joel.palioca

Joel,

i found the problem. This is easy to recreate.

Create a new Design, add two body's, then create components from the body's.

Now you have two components. Create another body.

The design history timeline has now five entrys. Move the timeline slider one item back and then try to move one component into the other.

It fails. Is that the normal bahavior?

😉 

Message 4 of 13
bryan.moosman

I'm having this issue still as well.  Moving components around in an assembly is difficult and I'm ending up with a browser tree that has hundreds of items in it on the first level.

Message 5 of 13

The post you are responding to is well over a year old and Fusion 360 has gone through a lot of substantial upgrades. It is very questionable that you have exactly the same issues.
Perhaps provide more details, share the design, creat a screencast etc.

Even better, create a new thread as your chances for a response are higher.

Peter Doering
Message 6 of 13
rozzautodesk

This issue seems to be resurrected.  I opened up my project to work on today and I can no longer move components or bodies within the browser tree.  This is extremely limiting.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 7 of 13

Seems to be working for me, you need to make sure the timeline pointer is at the end of the timeline though.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 13

That was exactly the problem.  Thank you for the help!

Message 9 of 13
konovalov_au

Several years are gone from the first call. And the problem is still here. I cant move objects even if timeline pointer is at the end. Shame autodesk

Message 10 of 13

Maybe you should be sharing your design so we can look at it and analyze the problem.

Peter Doering
Message 11 of 13

of course. http://a360.co/2sbLmIW

Message 12 of 13

Looking at your screencast you are attempting to move a body onto or in-between other bodies. That won't work. You have to drag the body onto the component you want for it to reside in. Then that body will be added to the end of the list of bodies in that component.

I believe that is also the reason for the many unnecessary remove operations in your design.

Peter Doering
Message 13 of 13

Yes. you are right. I believe one day you will remove such unnecessary limitations. And beginners like me wont be stumble on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report