Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 beta licensing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dillonzwick
616 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 beta licensing

I'm a student of CAD and will be graduating in about a month. I've been playing around with Fusion 360 beta, absolutely adore it, and wish to continue to use it more into the future. I am having trouble locating the licensing agreement of the beta version and have a couple of questions.

1. Can I use Fusion 360 beta for commercial purposes. E.g.. Make a design in Fusion 360 beta and sell it on Shapeways.com?

2. If not, then can I make a design using Fusion 360 beta, wait until the full version is released, and after purchasing the full version, using those designs for commercial purposes? 

3. Can I use Fusion 360 beta for non-commercial purposes. In particular,  posting a design to Thingiverse.com?

Thank you for all your help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: dillonzwick

Thanks for the positive feedback Dillon!

I'm tracking down the Fusion 360 terms of use / beta details and will be sure to share with you ASAP. 

Message 3 of 5
tdtwohy
in reply to: philip.s

Why should the answer be ANYTHING but "Yes"?

If someone asks you to test some scupting tools, they cannot (just by reason that that made the sculpting tools) claim the resulting sculpture. It's feasable they may charge you for the raw material... but the value added by your SKILL at sculpting is souly according to your skills.

Sadly, Autodesk cannot claim raw matrials... there AREN'T ANY so the model created by you SHOULD BE YOURS.

Unless the USER AGREEMENT GIVES THAT RIGHT AWAY... what you create is yours. 

--check your user licence--

Message 4 of 5
schneik-adsk

Yes. We are delighted that the beta is proving useful. Feel free to post to Shapeways and Thingiverse!
Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 5
carl_bass

I'm glad you like it and feel free to do what you like with the models you create

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report