I don't know why Fusion 360 doesn't have the ability to directly open files that are on my computer.
Fusion 360 cam't import files and gives a "ZipWrapper Error." I should be spending time using the software not setting it up
Is it possible for you add the file with the zipwrapper error to this post or email it to me? If you need to email the file send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is understandable that you are frustrated with this software since you are familiar with the way other software works. Fusion360 is different and we require you to upload your data to a server. It might not be the most desirable for some people at first but when you understand the direction we are trying to go it makes sense.
Think of it this way; image designing anywhere on any computer around the country. For that to happen you would need carry your data with you OR use our solution and upload your data to our servers so you can get to it. With Fusion360 your data is available to you wherever you have access to a computer connected to the internet and you have privileges to install the software.
Give it some time and see if it starts to work for you. If you still do not like the current workflow go to the Idea Station suggest an improvement. This is where customers can request product changes and enhancements along with voting for what other people are asking for.
Please let us know if you have any other concerns. We need your honest feedback to make this product better so please keep it coming!
I am not getting the zipwrapper error with the file you emailed to me. Can you send me a screen shot of the error during import?
Any other details you can remember will help me figure this out.
Its the strangest thing, apparently the files can be uploaded using my laptop but not this workstation.
Do you get the zipwrapper error if you plug in an Ethernet cable to the laptop?
Do all files fail to import on the workstation or is it only the file you emailed me?
Right now the most important thing is to get your software working. Did you have the beta installed? Follow these steps to get us more information and then get the software working again.
- Can you send me a .NFO file? This might help us pin point a trend on hardware that could cause problems. Steps for a PC:
1. Go to the Window’s Start menu > All Programs >Accessories> System Tools > System Information
2. Go to the File pull down menu > Save
3. Compress the .NFO file into a zip file
4. Email to email@example.com. If this file is to large to email I will send you a ftp location to upload.
- Can you remove and re-install Fusion360? This is not the best solution but it might get you back to designing faster. Follow these steps for clean un-install. Let me know if you have any issues.