Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faster program for detailed stuff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
smeggy
314 Views, 2 Replies

faster program for detailed stuff

I love using Fusion, however, I'm trying to model some pretty detailed stuff and Fusion is too slow at making and handling them. I don't know if there are any CAD programs that can deal with detailed bodies faster but if there are I'd love to hear what they are. I'm modeling a bunch of stuff with detailing along the lines of the pic below, even one instance of this (it needs about 20 of them at different sizes and numerous other parts just as detailed) and it slows to a crawl when making, scaling, moving, aligning, copying etc. and it's driving me nuts. 

pic.jpg

There has to be a program faster at this stuff somewhere. Preferably massively multi-threaded. I have dual quad Xeons, 24Gb Ram, Quadro card etc and it's barely using any of it. Any suggestions would be appreceiated. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
prabakarm
in reply to: smeggy

Sorry about the performance issues you are facing.  Looks like you are using circular pattern to accomplish your task.  We are aware of performance challenges with pattern.  Would you be able to share your model so that we can work on optimizing the performance.  If so, you can send it directly to me at prabakar.murugappan@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Prabakar.

Message 3 of 3
smeggy
in reply to: prabakarm

Thanks, the file is on it's way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report