Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrusion fails to show full distance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
laura
511 Views, 6 Replies

Extrusion fails to show full distance

I have been trying to modify a connection piece we are using and for some reason the exstensison we are doing are only showing up in short sections. It seams as if there may be some issue with drawing having two sets of units but I cant find anything. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
joel.palioca
in reply to: laura

Hello,

Would you be willing to share the file so that I can take a look at it?  This isn't the desired behavior nor is it normal, we want to make sure we understand what is happening so that we can get it fixed.

You can share it by exporting an archive file .f3d and attaching it here or you can email it to me at the email below.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
laura
in reply to: joel.palioca

Sure here is the file

Message 4 of 7
joel.palioca

Hello,

Looking at the model there is certainly something wrong.  I am sending this to our dev team to work on a fix for a future update.  In the meantime if you want to extrude the entire distance like you first attempted to, instead ofhaving the extents as a distance, choose the "to" option and select the face at the end that is already extruded that far.  This should be a workaround for you, though you may need to alter some of your features that come after this extrusion.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
kgrunawalt

Hi,

This model looks like it was converted from a different format or from a history-free model. It may be that there is some unexpected scaling factor in an component's positioning transform. How was this model made? Did it come from a different format? This information would help.

Message 6 of 7
laura
in reply to: kgrunawalt

Hi, The data was inported from a DWG file type but I am fairly sure it was created origionaly in a solid works or other type progeam. 

Message 7 of 7
brucehuang

I think it should be a bug. I've logged one (FUS-15512). We'll try to fix it in later update. Thanks for reporting and uploading the issue file. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report