Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrude projected sketch

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
casperhofstede
11264 Views, 6 Replies

Extrude projected sketch

Hello,

I created a 2D sketch and projected this on a surface of a converted sculpted body. I can clearly see all the nice red lines but have no possibility to select them when extruding. I would like to cut that sketch about 1 mm deep from the top of the surface.

Can any one point me in the right direction?

projected-sketch01.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Can you Split the face and Thicken-Cut?

Another option (depending on design intent) would be to offset the face as a surface and then Extrude cut to the offset surface.

If not, can you attach your *.f3d file here?

Message 3 of 7

Thank you CADWhisperer, your whispers pointed me in the right direction.

In the end I had to split face twice (for both sketch outlines) and whas then able to "Press Pull" the area I wanted. Attached a picture of the end result.

projected-sketch02.png

Message 4 of 7

I don't have time to test it out - but I'm wondering if you could have used two simple rectangles in the sketch and added the Chamfers as features.

Not sure that would work because of the curved faces - but it would be very interesting to know.  If you give it a try - post back and let us know.

Message 5 of 7

Interestingly the chamfer works very nicely. Which is great, because there is no chamfer sketch feature!

See attached picture for proof. Smiley Wink

projected-sketch03.png

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for posting back the results of the test.  I usually place Fillets and Chamfers as feature rather than in Sketch, but I wasn't sure that workflow would work on this part.

It is surprising to me that there is no sketch chamfer.

Message 7 of 7
raythilist
in reply to: casperhofstede

Hi Casper,

I ran into an identical problem, but I couldn't implement your solution. Could you take a look at the post i made?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/extrude-on-projected-3d-sketch/td-p/554971...

Thank you,
Ray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report