Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Face???

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
filo.filiberti
832 Views, 8 Replies

Edit Face???

I can not find the edit face function in the model.

I found it very useful!

Hello
Fabio

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
deyop
in reply to: filo.filiberti

I don't think is will be available in a parametric, timeline document.  If you start a direct modeling document or switch to not capturing Design History you should find it.

DoNotCaptureDesignHistory.jpg

Message 3 of 9

Here is what I do. Add a Form feature to the timeline then using the create face command int eh sculpt environment create a set of faces on top of the solid model face you want to sculpt.  Using create face lets you easily lay out the topology like you want.

Next using edit form edit the face as you see fit.

Exit the Form feature and use replace face to replace the target model face with the source surface you created in the form feature.

This creates an editable face that you can go back and edit as often as you need.  This is an example where the timeline allows you much more freedom to makes edits later as your design evolves.

Kevin Schneider
Message 4 of 9

Ok ... I had not seen this perfect opportunity!
I hope that in the future there is the possibility of managing this logic just to individual elements.

thanks

Message 5 of 9

Elements like? Face can you post a picture of what you would like to edit?
Kevin Schneider
Message 6 of 9

Kevin you're right.

Unfortunately, when using the "replace Face" often encounters system errors or unexpected closure.

All this happens when you experience the new design and your surfaces are not as defined as when you rebuild of existing objects!

The timeline is still very "sensitive" or I'm not so clean in my work Smiley Wink

Edit The face is much more "bad-boy"

thanks

Fabio

Message 7 of 9

Using Fusion 360 in a art school. Often students will confront complex situations to be resolved any time soon. Edit Face is very "live".
The time line is a little bit more complex and often closes the program.

In a classroom with 26 computers and adolescents 16 years it would take more "stability" in every sense.

Ciao

Message 8 of 9
Message 9 of 9
nomuse
in reply to: deyop

Does not appear to work if a history already exists...you have to start with history off. Unless there is a way of cloning an object into a fresh object without a history?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report