Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Extrude

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
LMD001
2282 Views, 6 Replies

Edit Extrude

Hello Fusion 360 Team

When editing an Extrude it seems not possible to select additional geometry by clicking. 

Deleting the original selection in the edit dialog box allows for selecting another face in the same sketch, but not more then one, only with select window or select paint I can select additional geometry, in a simple sketch this is OK, but when there is more geometry around select window can be a bit challenging.

In the drawing I have 2 circles, 1 is extruded. When editing the Extrude It seems I cannot select the unextruded circle by simply clicking.

Again many thanks and kindest regards

Ludo

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jeff_strater
in reply to: LMD001

When editing an Extrude feature (or other profile-based feature like Revolve or Sweep), the key is to hold down the CTRL key (Cmd key on Mac).  This will suppress the preview and allow you to select additional profile geometry by clicking on it.  All Fusion commands work this way.  If you have a Fillet feature and want to edit it to add more edges, you can do the same thing.  CTRL will always take you back to the state when the command started, to allow you to select geometry that may be obscured or consumed by the preview.

Hope this helps,

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 7
LMD001
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi Jeff

Thank you, I overlooked that completely...

Kindest regards,

Ludo

Message 4 of 7
lelyukhAA8UT

This doesnt allow you to edit the previous extrude just make a negative one like a moron

Message 5 of 7
lelyukhAA8UT

Message 6 of 7
lelyukhAA8UT

The correct answer is press control then select the feature(extrude) and then select edit feature. Thanks for a having a crap UI and wiki

Message 7 of 7

@lelyukhAA8UT 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Tip: This is a binary yes/no question. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report