Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge selection interface is radically slowing down Fusion (still)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cekuhnen
293 Views, 3 Replies

Edge selection interface is radically slowing down Fusion (still)

if I work with TS objects this amount is enough to turn my MacPro GTX 570 into a stop motion cinema.

Switching only to select TS body and not edges makes it fast again.

So it looks the interface still has radical issues with performance when an edge rendering effect is on.

All other visual effects are turned off and in prefs things set to fast not good.

The interface selection lag is really a nightmare. sometimes a lot of click commands are executed somerwhere

else my mouse I moved to then.

Thats prone for accidents.

Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 5.37.03 PM.png

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
deyop
in reply to: cekuhnen

The main limitation on selection speed will be the Simple or Normal option in the Graphics section of Preferences.  If you are mostly T-Spline modeling it is probably best to set this to simple all the time in the Selection display style.  There is an option to change it when the system detects a graphic speed limit  (Degraded selection display style).  That being said we always degrade the highlighting in preference to speed when you hit a limit of 100 edges.  In your example case you may be just under the threshold of 100.  Once again for fastest speed set display style to Simple.

SelectionSpeed.png

Message 3 of 4
cekuhnen
in reply to: deyop

Hi Paul,

I have that already set in the preferences by default as anything else is not really workable with.

The browser and selection lag is a real serious issue that should be addressed as it is very frustrating

to wait for Fusion in the 3D view to do the part edge highlighting before the mouse can interact with

that I have in the browser.

And it seems that the main problem child here is TSplines:

Body mode 3 seconds

Face mode 17 seconds

Edge mode  25 seconds

I just did a test with settings set to high and the edge selection was the same time till the browser got responsive.

Now I understand this file has many parts, but if Fusion should really empower designers to work

with complex shapes in T-Splines the screen refresh has to improve as only simple shapes seem

feasable to model but nothing of the complexity I work in.

Sometimes just drawing the selection rectangle already has minimal screenlag when working with TSplines.

The moment I jump into Breps it is fine. So something inside Fusions interface render engine gets a big

speed drop when just even seeing TS objects on your screen.

Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 1.11.15 PM.png

I attached the Fusion archive for you to test if you want to.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 4 of 4
deyop
in reply to: cekuhnen

Thanks for sending the file for comparison.  I am getting similar results when testing the same file including the window box delay.  We agree that selection performance needs to improve and we are actively pursuing solutions.  Thanks for your patience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report