Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating multiple components quickly in Fusion 360

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jonathansalmon
8474 Views, 2 Replies

Duplicating multiple components quickly in Fusion 360

Hi there!

I was wondering if there is any quick way to duplicate multiple components at the same time in Fusion, as I've tried using both the Mirror and Pattern tools and they only seem to allow one component to be multiplied each time they are used? I ask as I've been designing a seat for train carriages and it would be good to see what a train carriage fitted with many of these seat would look like.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Jonathan,

There are two steps required to do what you are doing, some of these steps may already be completed depending on how you are managing your components.

1. Make sure the entire seat that you are looking to duplicate is all contained under a single component.  If this isn't alright completed what you can do is go to the level in the browser where you want the component to reside.  Then create a new component and select all the existing components you wish to have a part of the seat and drag them into the newly created component.  This will create a component that contains multiple subcomponents.

2. When you invoke the pattern command, you can then select the newly creatly component from the browser and it should select the entire component for you and duplicate it that way.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this doesn't work for you, or if you need me to create a quick video that shows it.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
tmcnaney
in reply to: joel.palioca

Thank you for the tip! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report