Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard shows only black screen

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sreussenzehn
1614 Views, 5 Replies

Dashboard shows only black screen

I have updated to the new version of Fusion 360 (supporting CAM) and when I now try to log into Fusion I get a black dashboard screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled Fusion and it still shows the same black screen:-( I noticed, however, that the mouse changes to a pointer when I hover over the screen - so something is there - just not displayed correctly... I can print with the right mouse button and the pdf will show the dashboard as it should look like...

Drop down menu works – was able to start recent design and enter drawing mode, but dashboard still black.

The weird thing about it is, that it seems to be an intermitted error. Sometimes it just starts the way it should and I can't link it to anything I do on my computer.

Thank you

Stefan

My system:

HP EliteBook

windows, see attachment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SallyYang
in reply to: sreussenzehn

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for posting the issue to us.

It seems to be a graphic issue. Would you please follow my steps to help us collect the graphic card information:

• Run command  "dxdiag"  to launch "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" dialog and switch to "Display"
  • Capture the "Device" and "Driver" part and send to us
  • Upgrade the graphic card driver to the latest 
  • Try dashboard again and let us know the result

You can either attach the screenshot or send it to sally.yang(at)autodesk.com.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
sreussenzehn
in reply to: SallyYang

Hi Sally

thanks you very much for your quick reply.

Updating the graphics card driver solved the problem.

See attachemt for detail.

Thanks a lot:-)

Stefan

Message 4 of 6

Had a similar issue. Updating VGA driver did not help, however, updating Internet Explorer to version 11 through windows update solved the problem.

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for sharing your finding here, it will help others that have similar issues.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
aaron94127JBVF
in reply to: SallyYang

FYI... If the entire sceen is black, and not even any menus show, check whether your display adapter is running 16bit color or 32 bit color. When first starting fusion 360, the entire window was black and empty. Switched from 16bit to 32, problem solved. This was with a very old motherboard-embedded graphics card on a dell server running windows 7. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums