Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting leaves artifacts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nkloski
332 Views, 2 Replies

Cutting leaves artifacts

Hmmm..another problem with this simple model.  Sculpted a completely solid body.  Added in a Solid box, tried to Combine/cut but artifacts are left over, even though the cutting tool was way oversized.

Here is before:

two objects.PNG

And after I do Combine/cut (leaving no tool behind, just a simple cut) I get this:

cutProblem.PNG

With those jagged lines showing up in all renderings as well:

cutProblemRender.PNG

This is a simple cut with only two objects in the timeline, just the sculpt body and the simple box body, no other complexities I can think of?

Thanks!

Nick Kloski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_strater
in reply to: nkloski

that looks like a bug. It could be just graphics, or those could actually be leftover geometry. If you could send the model, we can investigate it.

(WRT to the other thread (Fill in curved space) - we are thinking along the same lines, I see...)

Thanks,

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 3
nkloski
in reply to: jeff_strater

I tried it with another model and that problem did not happen....it might have been something transient, so if this persists I will post something here, but for now, let's leave this one as it is! thanks!

Nick Kloski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report