Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating simple mounting plate

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
phinsil6
1683 Views, 2 Replies

Creating simple mounting plate

Hi, I'm new to CAD and especially Fusion 360, I've only lightly used Inkscape in the past to make my simple parts that I cut with my CNC.  However I really want to get into more difficult parts, which requires 3D Cad and the added CAM feature of Fusion 360 looks very promising.

That being said, I can't seem to create a really simple mounting plate in F360, something I was able to create in seconds in Inkscape.  I have attached the file of what I am trying to create, FYI everything is symmetrical.  Can someone please outline some simple steps as to how I should start this or make this simple little thing?  All I have is a extruded centered rectangle, I am able to make holes but I don't know how to position them accurately, i.e setting the distance from the hole to the edge of the box.  In inkscape there is a grid and I can simply enter X,Y coordinates where I want the obect to be, is that an option?  How do I go about doing this correctly?

Hopefully this is in the right forum, Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: phinsil6

There is an example part for a similar problem posted here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/help-and-support/workflow-for-modeling-these-kinds-of-slots-interlocki...

simply play back the time line step-by-step and show/hide the sketches along the way.

Drag the slider on the Timeline so that only the first two sketches are shown (make them visible).

Edit the first sketch Base Sketch and notice the rectangular dimensions.

Stop Sketch.

Edit Sketch2 and notice the dimensions for the circle.

Stop Sketch and turn off the visibility for sketches.

Drag the slider on the timeline just past the first extrusion.
Drag the slider on the timeline just past the second extruson, this shows the hole (and a slot in this case).

Drag the slider on the timeline just past the first mirror and then the second mirror.  (all of these cuts could have been made in a single extrude - cut, but I was trying to show simplified creation of an entire assembly of parts.)

If you still can't figure it out - post back and I can walk you through step-by-step.

Message 3 of 3
phinsil6
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

ok, i think i got it now, thanks a ton!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report