Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Pattern Inside a Shape.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Pravs24
3759 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a Pattern Inside a Shape.

Hi,

I am trying to create little holes of a Speaker Box like thisScreen Shot 2015-01-15 at 7.06.11 pm.png 

I can only find the circular pattern and rectangular pattern. How do I Create all the little holes around a shape or inside a shape so that it fill all the area with small cuts evenly throughout the whole shape. This is my model so far and I would like to make holes in a Slot Shape on the side: Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 6.47.13 pm.png

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for using Fusion!

You can try to use Path Pattern, you can select a edge or sketch lines as a pattern path. For Pattern Object, you can select faces or feature.

Enjoy it!

Thanks

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. So just to confirm, I have the Slot Shape as shown above that needs to be filled in with lots of little circles. Where should I draw the first circle before I use Path Pattern. Can you please explain further as I am still not quite fully sure.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5

Thanks your patient!

Currently, Fusion have no feature to do the pattern on faces. So we cannot patten the object on the cambered faces directly.

We have two ways to finished the model 🙂

One is using path pattern to create the model. Another is using decal to put a picture on the model.

• Pattern
  1. Create a hole on the model. Hole is vertical the face automatically, if we use other shape, we need create a sketch profile which is vertical the face and extrude it.
  2. Invole path pattern, select the slot edge as path and select the hole as object
  3. Switch the distance type to Spacing on path pattern
  4. Switch the Orientation to Path direction.
  5. Setting the quantity and distance and OK. Please refer the screenshot
  6. After a circle of holes are finished. We can repeat the same workflow to do another path pattern.

pattern.png

• Decal
  1. If you don't need 3D print the model. Using decal is a good choice. It looks better and it have the good performance 
  2. Go to import->decal. 
  3. Add the picture what you like and adjust it.
  4. This is the model I used your picture
  5. decal.png

Enjoy Fusion360!

Thanks

Cathy Wang
Software Engineer
Fusion 360 Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5

Thank you! I tried the first option and it worked perfectly! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report