Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and paste between designs?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ivanjams
352 Views, 3 Replies

Copy and paste between designs?

Hello -

How does one copy paste designs/components into other designs/components? I feeel like this should be simple but I am really struggling - which is odd an frustrating. I made Design A. I then made Design B. I now want to incoporate what I made in Design B to Design A. I figured there would be an import component or a simple select all copy paste feature. Can someone please advise?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SallyYang
in reply to: ivanjams

Thanks for posting your issue here.

There was a similar post about copy/paste between designs, you can refer to http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/help-and-support/no-more-copy-components-between-designs/m-p/5188997#M...

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
ivanjams
in reply to: SallyYang

Thanks Sally.

Are there threads that all discuss why I am not able to select a specific object I want to mirror? If I highlight it by clicking it's "body" in list, choose mirror - I am able to choose plane to mirror, but the component un highlights itself and I can't choose it as an object.

Thoughts?

Message 4 of 4
SallyYang
in reply to: ivanjams

You have to set "Pattern Type" to bodies while selecting object if you want to select an component/body to mirror.

Mirror type.png

Regards,
Sally

Sally Yang
Software QA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report