Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components coming apart when rotating assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
prcdslnc13
193 Views, 3 Replies

Components coming apart when rotating assembly

Trying to do a simple sub assembly of a bearing plate in Fusion. When I try to rotate and place the assembly in its final location all of of the components come apart in  a fairly random fashion. The components are assembled with ridgid constraints, and I have also tried grounding them. Not sure what I am doing wrong but its getting frustrating. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: prcdslnc13

could you possibly post images, videos, or even the model? It will help us figure out what might be going wrong.

Thanks!

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 4
prcdslnc13
in reply to: jeff_strater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMu-2wcGGlc&feature=youtu.be

Sorry I know that is an awful description. I just needed to get something up quick. Like I said I used ridgid joints between all of the componets which I think may be part of the issue. I am still trying to get used to how fusion constrains parts. Coming from Creo everything just feels foriegn to me haha. But basically I need to constrain the bearings and bushings to the bolt as a sub, then constrain the sub to the plate. And the whole thing to the extrustion. 

Message 4 of 4
Mike.Zhang
in reply to: prcdslnc13

Hi, 

I think I got why you got this weird result. The default move option is Move Bodies, sketches..., this is a body level option, it'll not affect the component positions, so caused this result, it's not a issue.

You should select the Move Components option when you using Move command on the assemblied parts.

Move_Compoennts_Option.png

You can try it again, if this resolved your problem, please accept as solultion.

Regards,

Mike.Zhang
SQA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report