Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine (Cut) Issue with bottle Mold

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
zakaria_kassar
313 Views, 2 Replies

Combine (Cut) Issue with bottle Mold

I have modelled a bottle which has a very thin wall section of just under 1mm, now when I use that as a tool to cut through the mold base (i.e. Target Body) it leaves me with a thin cut out instead of the entire shape. 

I've tried adding fluid fill to it so that it may appear as a complete solid part, but that doesn't seem to work.

How do I overcome this? 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Ok, so I just converted the bottle to a BRep Mesh and used that which did the job, however I lost all the detail in the neck area... 

Message 3 of 3
karyeka
in reply to: zakaria_kassar

Hi,

I don't think I undertsand the problem fully. Because the tool is shelled (bottle) there is inner part after the cut operation that perhaps unwanted. If so can you create a Brep surface with Patch->Offset command with 0 offset distance? This Brep surface can then be used to split the target (mold) body. 

How did you convert the bottle tpo Brep surface?

If possible can you share the model? That would really help us to assist.  Please share a public link (with password if you wish and email me password at anand dot karyekar at autodesk dot com)

F360_public_link.png

Thanks,

Anand

Fusion360 Development

Anand Karyekar

Forge Graphics

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report