Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click and drag problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1630 Views, 4 Replies

Click and drag problem

During the turtorial there is a step that requires you to click and drag or slide the switch. I can not get this function to work.

Will you please help me?

Skærmbillede 2014-09-21 kl. 09.55.15.png

Also in the next turtorial where you assemple the lamp I can not find the bodies section (which is accidentally is the first assignment)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
joel.palioca
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

When you click hold and drag the switch does anything happen at all?  You shouldn't need to preselect anything, but rather just click and hold on the body and you should be able to drag it along the slider.  If you are still having problems, something to look at would be your slider joint that you created in the last step.  The click and drag is trying to allow only movement that is supported by the joint you created, if the joint for some reason isn't working correctly this could also cause a problem.

For your question about the assemble tutorial, we are aware there is a problem with this tutorial.  What you can do is skip to step 5 and everything should look correct.  It looks like the file that was included with this tutorial was already a couple steps ahead.  We are in the process of providing fixes for this area.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: joel.palioca

Im having the same problem and so are some other people. I tried going back to the slider but it seems that the joint is working fine in the correct axis. when i click play the animation it moves back and forth to the neck in the back. when i click the switch its just as if you are trying to select any regular shape - you can select just the face or the circle, or if i double click the entire switch button but when i click and drag the curser is the only thing moving and as it leaves the switch the switch body becomes deselected.
Message 4 of 5
joel.palioca
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Apologies for the inconvience, to get things working correctly for this tutorial what you can do is disable contact sets prior to the move.  See the image below on how to turn off contact sets.

Screen Shot 2014-09-24 at 2.03.30 PM.png

We have plans to get this fix in one of the upcoming updates to resolve any further issues.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
ramonestana
in reply to: joel.palioca

Thanks a lot, this work for me!

Best,

Ramon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report