Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find/open my projects

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3642 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot find/open my projects

Hi, since Autodesk just updated (Sept) I cannot seem to find/open any of my projects. I have clicked the data grid in the top left hand corner of the 360 design window (that now opens when I click on the icon in my launch tray at the bottom of the page) but clicking on any of the folders there doens't do anything. I have then clicked on the browser triangle and got the browser page up where I can see the projects I am a member of and tried to open one of them, but I keep getting a dialogue that says:

"Your browser is trying to launch Autodesk Fusion 360. If the application is not installed on this machine, please download and install Fusion 360.

Which I have already loaded and just updated and nothing else happens. Please could you help me as I have to get a project finished and not being able to ppen my files is really hampering me.

I am running a Mac on OS X V 10.8.4

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sanjay_jayabal
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, 

When you get to your Data Panel, make sure you double click on the folders.  Does this open it or are you seeing issues?  If you are available for a quick call, please let me know a number I can reach you at and I'd be happy to call you.  My direct email is sanjay.jayabal@autodesk.com

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sanjay_jayabal

Sanjay,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. That's great I see now that I can open the folders, however, I can't see the same range of projects that I normally can and specifically, ones that I am a member of. All I get when I double click are 10 projects that are nothing to do with me or my company, things like Utility Knife, Hairdryer tutorial Crane Grapple etc.

I can see those projects in the browser webpage view, but can't open them from there at all.

I attach two screen grabs. Once shows what I can see in the data grid and the other shows what I can see, but can't open in the Browser view.

Cheers

Chris
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Chris,

You are probably in the Samples project.  Inside your Data Panel, do you see a Project drop down (top left in the Data Panel) - it probably says Samples?  If you drop that down are you able to see your projects?

best regards,
Sanjay Jayabal.

Message 5 of 6
charegb

This is the dropdown that allows you to switch projects to see all your data.

Thanks,

Bankim

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Willyam what is this? Willyam are you 

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, since Autodesk just updated (Sept) I cannot seem to find/open any of my projects. I have clicked the data grid in the top left hand corner of the 360 design window (that now opens when I click on the icon in my launch tray at the bottom of the page) but clicking on any of the folders there doens't do anything. I have then clicked on the browser triangle and got the browser page up where I can see the projects I am a member of and tried to open one of them, but I keep getting a dialogue that says:

"Your browser is trying to launch Autodesk Fusion 360. If the application is not installed on this machine, please download and install Fusion 360.

Which I have already loaded and just updated and nothing else happens. Please could you help me as I have to get a project finished and not being able to ppen my files is really hampering me.

I am running a Mac on OS X V 10.8.4

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report