Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find/open my projects

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kaptinscarlet
3638 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot find/open my projects

Hi, since Autodesk just updated (Sept) I cannot seem to find/open any of my projects. I have clicked the data grid in the top left hand corner of the 360 design window (that now opens when I click on the icon in my launch tray at the bottom of the page) but clicking on any of the folders there doens't do anything. I have then clicked on the browser triangle and got the browser page up where I can see the projects I am a member of and tried to open one of them, but I keep getting a dialogue that says:

"Your browser is trying to launch Autodesk Fusion 360. If the application is not installed on this machine, please download and install Fusion 360.

Which I have already loaded and just updated and nothing else happens. Please could you help me as I have to get a project finished and not being able to ppen my files is really hampering me.

I am running a Mac on OS X V 10.8.4

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi, 

When you get to your Data Panel, make sure you double click on the folders.  Does this open it or are you seeing issues?  If you are available for a quick call, please let me know a number I can reach you at and I'd be happy to call you.  My direct email is sanjay.jayabal@autodesk.com

best regards,

Sanjay Jayabal.

Message 3 of 6

Sanjay,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. That's great I see now that I can open the folders, however, I can't see the same range of projects that I normally can and specifically, ones that I am a member of. All I get when I double click are 10 projects that are nothing to do with me or my company, things like Utility Knife, Hairdryer tutorial Crane Grapple etc.

I can see those projects in the browser webpage view, but can't open them from there at all.

I attach two screen grabs. Once shows what I can see in the data grid and the other shows what I can see, but can't open in the Browser view.

Cheers

Chris
Message 4 of 6
Sjayabal230
in reply to: kaptinscarlet

Hi Chris,

You are probably in the Samples project.  Inside your Data Panel, do you see a Project drop down (top left in the Data Panel) - it probably says Samples?  If you drop that down are you able to see your projects?

best regards,
Sanjay Jayabal.

Message 5 of 6
charegb
in reply to: Sjayabal230

This is the dropdown that allows you to switch projects to see all your data.

Thanks,

Bankim

Message 6 of 6
nasee19970
in reply to: kaptinscarlet

Willyam what is this? Willyam are you 

@kaptinscarlet wrote:

Hi, since Autodesk just updated (Sept) I cannot seem to find/open any of my projects. I have clicked the data grid in the top left hand corner of the 360 design window (that now opens when I click on the icon in my launch tray at the bottom of the page) but clicking on any of the folders there doens't do anything. I have then clicked on the browser triangle and got the browser page up where I can see the projects I am a member of and tried to open one of them, but I keep getting a dialogue that says:

"Your browser is trying to launch Autodesk Fusion 360. If the application is not installed on this machine, please download and install Fusion 360.

Which I have already loaded and just updated and nothing else happens. Please could you help me as I have to get a project finished and not being able to ppen my files is really hampering me.

I am running a Mac on OS X V 10.8.4

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report