Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete sketch points

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
codefoster
21784 Views, 13 Replies

Can't delete sketch points

Why can't I delete the sketch points you see in this picture? I can select them. I'm sure they're selected because I can long hold and choose "sketch point". They won't delete. When I move, rotate, and translate them it seems like weird things happen.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
NicolasXu
in reply to: codefoster

Hi codefoster,

The picture were not attached somehow. Could you check it?

In some situation, a sketch point is not allowed to be deleted, such as, the center point of a circle, an end point of a sketch line, etc. It would be greatly helpful if you can attached the model so we can take a deeper look to figure out if it’s a software problem.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 14
codefoster
in reply to: NicolasXu

I simply forgot to attach the image, but you solved it anyway. I have some archs in my sketch and I'm sure now that the sketch points are the centers. That makes sense. Perhaps there should be some way of notifying a person when they attempt to delete one that can't be. Perhaps a simple popup in the lower right corner like other notifications.points.png

Message 4 of 14
NicolasXu

Actually, after selecting such points and accessing Delete command from the toolbar or marking menu, we can see the selection is clean in the Delete dialog, which means the Delete command don’t think such points are valid input.

Maybe we should disable the Delete command if the selection only contains such entities. I will pass your feedback to the development.

Thanks and please keep the feedback coming!

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

How do I remove these pink points?? Picture is attached. 

Thank you!

Message 6 of 14
NicolasXu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Shreyansb,

Welcome to the community! The points and curves shown in pink are projected objects. They are used to build the association with other objects out of the current sketch.

When we create sketch objects, we might want to refer to existing vertices, edges, etc. and keep the association. For example, we could create a sketch line starting from the midpoint of a body edge. When the bod edge moves, we might want to have the sketch line updated to the new position.

Since the pink objects are generated based on other existing objects, they cannot be moved by dragging.  We can use “Break Link” to break the association or just delete them. However, the capability of associative update will be lost.

As for the pink points shown in your screenshot, they are the end points of the projected line or the center of the arc, so they can only be deleted together with its parent object. 

Here is a screencast to show how the associative update works and what will happen if deleting the projected curves.

Best Regards, 

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks for the response, which was quick !

FInally, will these pink and yellow points appear in the final rendered image?

Thank you

Message 8 of 14
NicolasXu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Shreyansb,

We're happy to assist you for any Fusion related questions.

Sketch objects will be hidden automatically when enabling Ray-Tracing rendering in Render workspace.

Rendering.PNG

We can also toggle the sketch visibility from the browser anytime, even in Model workspace.

ToggleVisibility.PNG

Best Regards,

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 14
LogicSpeaks

Greetings,

I don't think I understand why these "stray sketch points" appear and what I need to do to avoid them altogether.  I imported traced "letters" spelling "REFLECT" and have shared the file.  Please see http://a360.co/2gTRcKQ

Should be downloadable. Please see sketch to see what I'm talking about.

I exported the paths from Adobe Illustrator as a DWG and imported it into Fusion 360.  I seem to always have these "stray points" within each sketch and they cause some serious problems during my sketch process.  What can I do to avoid them - what am I doing wrong?  I read the above and I don't know if this is the same kind of issue.

Thank you in advance to whomever!

Message 10 of 14
docara
in reply to: LogicSpeaks

Hi,

In relation to feedback to the development team, I find those little sketch 'dities' and points left behind REALLY REALLY REALLY (insert a swear word) annoying!!!!!! Especially when you can't delete them.

Matt

Message 11 of 14
jajaho2
in reply to: docara

Hello,

is this still a problem or is there now a way to remove those sketch points?

Thank you.

Message 12 of 14
jajaho2
in reply to: jajaho2

never mind after further experimenting I managed to delete it.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Message 13 of 14
gaelanQEVSL

Hello

I'm having a problem where I had a projected line, but deleted it and now I have floating projection points into two sketches.pinkdotone.PNG

pinkdottwo.PNG

I believe the second one is causing a loft to profile to fail for some reason? I am trying to select the entire sketch/chain as a profile, but in the loft feature box it will only allow me to select a 2 of 4 segment?!? I have a nearly identical profile in a different sketch that works fine. Maybe this has nothing to do with the pink dot...but help on either count would be much appreciated.pinkdot3.PNG

Message 14 of 14
was_1620
in reply to: jajaho2

HOW DID YOU DO IT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report