Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete a body

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
codefoster
12628 Views, 15 Replies

Can't delete a body

WARNING: I'm very new to this 🙂

I just created a body and a t-spline (a form?). And then tried to click on the body to delete it and can't. I get the error you see below. It's such a simple operation. I'm guessing I could try a bunch of stuff and it would go away, but I'm hoping a proper answer will reveal a concept I'm missing. Thanks.

delete-question.png

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jeff_strater
in reply to: codefoster

Most likely you are just selecting the faces, not the whole body.  Try selecting the body in the browser:

delete body.png

Then, use Delete.  It should work then.

Thanks for posting

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 16
Mike.Zhang

Yes, Jeff is right.

You also can change the Selection to only select the Bodies to get you want.

SelectBodies.png

Regards,

Mike.Zhang
SQA Engineer
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 16
codefoster
in reply to: jeff_strater

Perfect. Thanks. I was double clicking and it appeared to be selecting the body, but I guess that just selects all faces.
Message 5 of 16
codefoster
in reply to: Mike.Zhang

Great to know. Thanks!
Message 6 of 16
codefoster

By the way, I've since discovered click and hold which brings up a menu and allows you to explicitly determine what you meant to click on, and you can choose the Parents tab and then Body. Slick.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

This isn't working for me. The body just stays there taunting me.

Message 8 of 16
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

This thread is old and Fusion 306 has changed much. Please create a new thread and share your model.

Peter Doering
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Wouldn't it be better to keep this thread up to date instead of making a
new one?
Message 10 of 16
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

Nope!

Peter Doering
Message 11 of 16
johyphenel
in reply to: TrippyLighting

As someone who just got brought here by searching for "Can't delete body", I have to say I vastly disagree that starting a new thread was the right thing to do here. 

Message 12 of 16
laughingcreek
in reply to: johyphenel

As someone who frequently answers questions here, I would have to agree with @TrippyLighting .  New posts with fewer responses will get a lot more people to look at your question and improve the chances of getting a decent answer.  Most of us aren't to interested in jumping in the middle of an on going conversation.

Message 13 of 16
george
in reply to: laughingcreek

I fell into the same trap as everyone else. Can't delete the body, attempt to follow instructions only to work my way to bottom of thread and discover it's out of date. Perhaps you could delete out-of-date advice, because I have to wade through out of date search results to try and find up to date results. Thanks

Message 14 of 16
TrippyLighting
in reply to: george

I suggest you start a new thread and post a detailed description of the problem. It is usually very helpful when users share the designs they have a problem with (export as .f3d and attach to post)

Peter Doering
Message 15 of 16
mreitz_dmu

Going to add my name to the list of people trying to find a solution and finding this thread.

Message 16 of 16
TrippyLighting
in reply to: mreitz_dmu

That list should have ZERO entrants:

TrippyLighting_1-1689875837926.png

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report