Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug - Extruding a ring into a tube results in a solid cylinder

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
TrippyLighting
551 Views, 9 Replies

Bug - Extruding a ring into a tube results in a solid cylinder

I am in process of making a tutorial to explain the differnece between bodies and components and use a bicycle frame as the basis for it. I came across this strange behavior when trying to extrude the ring sketch for the bottom bracket. Here's a little screencast.

Peter Doering
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I ran into that exact same bug the other day but forgot to post it.

Message 3 of 10
brucehuang
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Hi,

Very sorry to know you are facing this issue. It's definitely a bug.

I knew there was a similar bug which was fixed for a while. Not sure if it's a regression. I'm the developer of this area. It would be very helpful if you are willing to share me the model (email: bruce.huang@autodesk.com). I'll look into it and give you feedback soon. Thanks in advance!

Bruce (Fusion Development)

Message 4 of 10
TrippyLighting
in reply to: brucehuang

Hi Bruce,

I've invited you to the project. the file name is "Bicycle". I have worke aroud the problem, but you shouldbe able ot see the faulty extrusion for the bottom bracket in the in the timeline. I noticed that when I selected the ring Fusion stated I had one bject selected, but when the extrusion was completed (incorrectly) and going back into it and editing it is said I had 2 objects selected.

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 10
brucehuang

Hi Peter,

Thanks very much for inviting me into the project. I will look into it tomorrow and try to fix it ASAP. Hope it can go into next release update. 

Message 6 of 10
brucehuang

Hi Peter, 

I found a reproducible workflow for the issue. But I'm not sure if it's the right one you met, so want to confirm with you. Is the model you shared to me exported from somewhere? If it's true, I think I get the right scenario for fixing the bug (the fix will be available on next release). 

Thanks,

Bruce (Fusion development)

Message 7 of 10
TrippyLighting

Hi Bruce,

All the geometry in the file was created in Fusion 360 Ultimate 2.0.1407

Peter Doering
Message 8 of 10
brucehuang

Hi Peter,

My question above may be confusing. I mean if the problematic model is exported by the "Export..." or "Save Copy As" functionalities. Currently, I only can reproduce the same issue by exporting a model, then adding sketches in the existing sketches of exported model. If it's true, I think my fix can avoid this type of cases in new release. Please let me know if your scenario is not the case. Many thanks for your help, Peter. 

save_export.png

Message 9 of 10
TrippyLighting

Hi Bruce,

No this file was not exported or saved as. It was a new file adn then geometry was created in fusion and just saved and given a file name. 

There is another thread wher a very similar or even the same bug is posted by another user and I am not sure you are aware of this, so here is a link to that thread.

Peter Doering
Message 10 of 10
brucehuang

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your confirm. It's very helpful to help us evaluate our fix. The other thread you mentioned is a different issue for extrude. Dev team had got a fix. It also should be available in next release.

Bruce (Fusion development)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report