Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRep to T-Spline conversion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
776 Views, 3 Replies

BRep to T-Spline conversion

the short of it:   Is it possible to go from BRep --> Quad mesh --> T-spline body?  How? 

More Detail:

I created a handle design which I want to edit as a t-spline again, but as I deleted the timeline I cannot edit the form.  If I try to convert any of the faces to t-spline faces I get errors.  I am wondering if I convert the Brep to Quad mesh to T-spline if I could sculpt the shape again.  If so, what program outputs quad meshes? The thing is there are more details now than the original t-spline surface.  I thickened the original surface and edited it (holes, recesses, etc.).  So is it even possible to approach the editing this way or should I start over?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mxstylie
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mxstylie

Turns out, I am able to convert the brep faces to T-splines.  whoops!  The errors were due to the mode being curvature instead of uniform for defining the t-spline.  

That's what I get for not messin' with the options more. Oh well, I was tired last night and now I'm on the forums anyway.

Thanks for the reply, it helped me along.

Message 4 of 4
deyop
in reply to: Anonymous

Just a heads up for everyone that we have found a way to prevent that processing slowdown when choosing curvature as the option for convert.  We have also changed the default from Curvature to Uniform as this appears to be the most likely choice users may want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report